Thursday, July 24, 2008

Uphill

I go for my 2nd blood test this afternoon. And I’m OK with it. I’m actually a little excited, truth be told. I’ve really turned around the negative thoughts because the fact of the matter is that I’m so very blessed to have you inside of me and being able to be a mom is worth going through absolutely whatever I may have to go through.

I have some great friends, little one. A lot of people are pulling for you, too. People who don’t really know me personally or who haven’t known me for long have been so incredibly supportive and loving. It’s truly incredible… something I hope you get to experience an exuberant amount of in your time.

Anyway, everything happens for a reason, little one. Everything. This is something I’ve truly grasped over the past 10 years or so and something I have to remind myself of every day. Just like I was meant to wait this long for you, I was meant to have a not-so-wonderful first appointment with the doctor. But I’m quite confident from here in out, it will be uphill and much better for sure. It has to be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today. I hope the blood test goes well and that you're healthy and on your way in the world! I can't wait for tomorrow's update.

Angie said...

Good luck with the blood test! I'm sure that you are correct and that everything is going to be fine. You would KNOW if something wasn't going right inside your body. Looking forward to the update!

Lisa said...

That baby has no idea how lucky he or she is.

AllieQB said...

Fingers, toes, arms and legs are crossed. Vibes are being sent. Prayers are being tossed up. Looking forward to an update.

Anonymous said...

Extra positive vibes for you and Super Baby! You are a wonderful Mom already Christina!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey