Saturday, July 19, 2008

P is for... (where it all begins)

July 5, 2008: I can't even say how long I've been waiting for this day to come...

Thursday night I got home and decided to take a HPT (home pregnancy test) / POAS (pee on a stick) because I've been feeling it; I've been feeling pregnant and I've been believing it. After a minute or two I looked at the test and saw one fat line... and... then... wait... is that ...another line??

from 7/3
from 7/3

Because the second line was so faint, I decided to test again the following day - yesterday, July 4. I took three tests and all three tests came back with only one line - no matter how hard I squinted to see a second. But I still *felt* pregnant; my boobs (especially) hurt too much at odd times and felt like they were actually growing (which scares the crap out of me because they're rather large to begin with).

I showed DH (darling husband) the new pee sticks and asked if he could see a line. Nope. "I even peed on one too and there's only one line."

Yes, that's what my dear husband said! And I laughed for about a minute straight. I had tears in my eyes the thought of him peeing on a HPT made me laugh so much.

"What cup did you pee in?" I asked, as the Dollar Tree tests I stocked up on require one to PIAC (pee in a cup) and then drop the pee onto the stick.

"I'm a man," he replied. "I don't need a cup."

He dug the test out from the garbage and, of course, one solid line.

"But now you can see that the one from yesterday *did* have a line!"

We both agreed it did and I still *felt* pregnant... so out we went for the day. Because there was no food in the house, we made a list of groceries to get, headed out for a quick meal at the nearby diner and then picked up some groceries. On the way home, I needed to pick up my prescriptions along with a box of digital HPTs.

No guesswork on the digital - it's either Pregnant or Not Pregnant.

I didn't want to test again yesterday and planned to used the digital in the morning... this morning, July 5. Before going to bed last night, I started getting really crampy and was afraid that maybe it all was just in my head and maybe my period would be coming after all... but my boobs were telling me something else.

I went to sleep around 11PM and at 4AM I awoke having to pee. The first thing I did was touch my boobs - they still hurt!! Yes!! Then I grabbed the basal thermometer and shoved it into my mouth. 98.something! Still high!! I knew I was pregnant. I knew it!

I lumbered off to the bathroom, grabbed the pee cup and peed into it and placed the cup in the sink and covered it with the box of Clearblue Digital tests I bought. I decided to hold off on testing till the next time I awoke.

I went back to bed and tossed and turned quite a bit but eventually fell off to sleep... I ended up dreaming that when I woke up to test, I found that DH had dumped out all the pee from the cup and I was freaking out that I wouldn't get the first morning's pee to test to see if I was pregnant. Alas, it was just a dream.

At 6:30AM, I couldn't take it anymore and went into the bathroom, opened the HPT package, took off the blue cap from the dipping end, dipped the test into the pee, counted to 20, recapped the test, placed it on the edge of the garbage can, tossed the remaining pee, rinsed out the cup, washed my hands, sat on the toilet, looked at the clock and saw that 2 minutes had passed, and looked for the results even though 3 minutes hadn't elapsed.

from 7/5/08

Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

:)

I was in disbelief. I looked at myself in the mirror and grinned and then cried. I'm pregnant! I'm going to be a mom! :)

I took the test with me into the bedroom where DH still snored. I so badly wanted to wake him up, but I didn't. Instead I laid down next to him, looking at the HPT on the nightstand and smiled, dreaming of our future with a little mini-us to occupy our every waking and sleeping hour.

At about 7:30AM, he farted and looked at me. "I heard that," I said. He grumbled something so I knew he was awake and I said, "I have something to show you." I gave him the test and he had his back turned to me and said, "I can't see it." But then he saw it and said, turning to face me, "Give me a smooch."

We're going to be parents... We're going to have a baby!

Since I got this out of me, now maybe I can get some more sleep since I haven't been sleeping well the past couple days... and lord knows I'll need all the sleep I can get now! :)

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey