Saturday, July 19, 2008

Today

July 11, 2008 Today I am hungry.

I woke at 6AM as normal and did my normal pee, shower, get dressed routine. I made my lunch like normal and grabbed a 90 calorie Special K bar and a coffee cup full of V8 Fusion (1 serving of veg and fruit!) and headed out the door like normal.

I got to work and about an hour later (about 9AM) was feeling hungry so made some oatmeal, but ended up throwing most of it away.

Then at 10AM, I had to go to the doctor (regular) because your daddy is hounding me about getting this bad cough I've had for almost two weeks checked out... but on the way to the doctor, I was incredibly hungry. I mean INCREDIBLY hungry. I almost couldn't concentrate on driving because the hunger was the only thing I could think about. Fortunately, I've been carrying around saltines in my bag - just in case - so I found those and inhaled about 10 of them before the hunger finally subsided, thankfully.

Anyway, because I'm pregnant (with you, my little one), the doctor didn't prescribe anything and told me to flush it out with water and hot tea and said it was just something viral that would come out in time - probably another 2 or 3 weeks. Better to be safe than sorry is my motto lately!

When I got back to work, it was about 11:30AM and I was hungry again. I drank some water, called your daddy to tell him what the doctor said, and started noshing on my lunch: ham and cheese on wheat, pretzels. I inhaled it. I was satisfied.

By 2PM, I was feeling hungry again. But I focused on work, drank some more water, and tried to push away the hunger. By 2:30PM, I gave in and bought a can of Orange Juice from the vending machine. By god, it was the best, most tasty, most satisfying OJ I think I've ever had.

And now it's 4PM and I'm STARVING.

Today, my sweet little one... today is about being hungry.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey